It’s pretty obvious to get irritated when the cord repeatedly gets entangled as we iron. It not only wastes our time but also disturbs the smooth ironing process. If you are tired of the cable getting in your way, why not try a cordless iron for home use? A cordless steam iron will make ironing less tiresome for you. Once you start using this, you will never go back to the corded one.
We researched and selected five top cordless iron that will not disappoint you at all. We usually pay attention to some features like soleplate, outlook, and power but overlook many others. The warranty, price, durability, and charging time are also important features to look for. We have reviewed the five top cordless ones below:
TOP 5 CORDLESS IRON REVIEWS FOR HOME USE:
1) Panasonic NI-WL600:
This cordless iron allows you to iron at any angle you find comfortable. The curved soleplate is meant for movement in multiple directions. A removable water tank is present in this model, unlike many others. The anti-calc system saves you from manually cleaning iron from the insides. Steam holes remain clean automatically. The anti-drip function is meant to avoid any leakages. It also protects your clothes from stains.
- Curved soleplate allows a 360-degree movement.
- No more cord entangling.
- An electronic temperature control unit is present, which allows you to control the temperature according to the fabric.
- Anti-calc system keeps the steam vents clean.
- The steam burst is quite strong, which helps in erasing the wrinkles from fabric efficiently.
- The auto shut off feature prevents any hazards.
- A vertical steaming option allows variable steam production.
- It comes with an anti-drip feature, which saves your clothes from getting stained.
- Is steam generation feature is not as good as the other models we are discussing in this article.
- It can’t maintain the high temperature, so you have to keep it at the plate continuously for heating.
2) Panasonic NI-L70SRW:
One of the highlighting features of this iron model is the stainless steel soleplate. The soleplate is corrosion-resistant and moves smoothly on the fabric without any sticking. It comes with two options, i.e., you can either use it as a steam iron or a dry iron. It offers three settings for temperature so that you may choose the optimum one for your fabric. The anti-drip feature is meant to avoid leakage and to save your clothes from getting stained. The auto shut off feature turns the iron off when not in use for a long time.
- No hassle of an entangled cord.
- Three variable temperature settings.
- Spray mist helps in removing the stubborn wrinkles.
- It comes with a temperature chart that guides in choosing the best suitable temperature for your fabric.
- Auto shut off function provides safety from hazards.
- It cants maintain heat for long. You must keep it on the heating plate constantly.
- It offers an average steam generation. Other models in this price range have a much more effective steam generation function.
3) Panasonic PAN-NI-WL600:
This cordless iron model comes with a sleek design. Its ergonomics are very good and is it quite easy to handle and use. It allows us to precisely set the temperature from the electronic temperature control. A curved soleplate allows multi-directional gliding which eases the ironing process. You can adjust the amount of steam according to your needs.
- The absence of a cord simplifies ironing.
- Curved soleplate allows ironing in multiple directions.
- An anti-drip feature avoids spilling and staining.
- This model also offers a vertical steaming feature.
- Steam burst causes the creases to fall out.
- It comes with the option of adjustable steam. You can select the right amount of steam for your fabric and even keep it dry.
- After some time of inactivity, the auto shut off feature turns off the appliance automatically.
- The varying temperatures cause it to create less steam than many others.
- It takes much more time to get heated.
- It can’t maintain the temperature, so you have to keep it on the port constantly.
4) Panasonic NI-L70SR:
This model comes with a classy design offering flexibility in ironing due to the absence of the cord. The ergonomics are good, so the iron is comfortable to handle and use. It is very simple to use and comes with a stainless steel soleplate. The soleplate traps, sir, which makes the gliding very smooth. It offers a variable steam feature so you can adjust steam according to the fabric. You can set precise temperature by the electronic control. It is best for quilting and professional use.
- It saves you from the hassle of the cord.
- The stainless steel plate does not get corroded. It doesn’t stick to your garments. The curved shape traps air and makes the iron move smoothly.
- Variable steam option is available.
- You can set temperature precisely by electronic temperature control.
- The absence of auto shut off features makes it good for professional use as it does not need to be reheated.
- A powerful steam burst removes tough wrinkles.
- The charging port comes with a retractable cord.
- The charging port turns off if you leave the iron for more than 10 minutes on it.
- The water tank is removable.
- It takes a few minutes to get heated, i.e., much longer than many other models.
- You have to place the iron on its charging port constantly.
- The water tank is of small size.
5) Rowenta DE5020 Freemove Cordless Iron:
Rowenta is a popular ironing brand, and this is one of their best products so far. This model has great ergonomics and design. It comes with smart recharging technology and is quite simple to use. The appliance is quite light in weight so that you won’t get tired during your daily ironing. No more arm and back pain!
It features an anti-calc design that promises to keep the steam vents clean and unclogged. The anti-drip feature prevents leakage and protects your clothes from stains and spots. This model is quite durable and offers micro-steam technology. It will save you from the stressing long ironing sessions.
- It comes with the latest smart recharging technology.
- Great ergonomics make the use and handling easy.
- The anti-calc design keeps the steam vents unclogged.
- The product is lightweight, so it goes easy on your arm.
- The appliance is durable.
- Steam is distributed evenly on your fabric.
- It takes more time to get heated than many other irons in this price range.
Panasonic PAn-NI-WL600 offers a curved soleplate like others but has a higher price than them. L70SR and L70SRW almost possess the same features with little differences.
It is quite tough to choose from the two, Rowenta DE5020 and Panasonic NI-L70SR. However, considering all the features, pros and cons, we recommend you prefer the later one. Want to read the complete buying guide for cordless irons 2020? Go to bestiron.co.uk for the ultimate guide.
In this above article, we’ll delve into the various features of the best cordless irons. We’ve put together a comparison list of 5 different cordless irons and given them an overall rating. For each device, we’ve also drawn out a more detailed review and listed its pros and cons. And in the end, we’ve given our top-rated product. Don’t worry; we’ve incorporated a buying guide so you can understand what each feature brings to the table and decide on the best cordless iron for yourself.